WORK VISA FOR COLOMBIA.
Corporate and Private Migratory Advising in Colombia.
Work Visa for Colombia Type – M. The visa is a legal requirement for you to work in Colombia is an authorization to perform remunerated activities in the National Territory. If you have the purpose of working and living in the country, you must take into account that one of the main requirements for your Colombian work visa, is to have a job offer, a legal company with domicile in Colombia and according to your profession and the position you are going to perform in the hiring company; you can apply for your work visa fully complying with the immigration requirements and all the concordant rules for your work permit.
You can apply for a work visa at the Colombian consulate in your country or at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bogota. The most important and difficult thing is to get a job offer, this way you can apply for your visa, otherwise you must wait until you get the job offer. This means that for people who have professions regulated by Colombian laws, such as all branches of engineering, medicine, law, etc. In addition to your visa it is necessary and mandatory to obtain a work permit from the corresponding professional council or to validate your professional title, otherwise you will be exposed to economic sanctions before the national government for strict compliance with Colombian immigration laws.
If you enter with your family and you have been granted a Work Visa, you also have the right to apply for Work Visas in Beneficiary Quality to all members of your family nucleus (Father, Mother, spouse and children), which will allow your family member to remain legally, it is worth noting that this type of visa does not allow family members to work, only the holder who has the employment contract can perform a professional job.
Technical Visitor Visa or Temporary Service Provider (Type – V). With a validity of one (1) to Six (6) Months, this type of visa is directed to Companies with specific projects, in which it requires the support of foreign personnel, to carry out Technical tasks for a short period of time. It should be borne in mind that the Visitor Visa Type – V and the Work Visa Type – M, will always be associated with a company in the country, in the event that the expatriate changes employer, you must inform Migration Colombia of your situation immediately.
Visitor Visa Type – V of Intracorporative Transfer: With Validity of six (6) months to one year (1), this visa is directed to Expats that move from their company (headquarters) abroad to a branch in Colombia (salary paid abroad).
- Remember that for your visa application, your passport must be valid for more than 180 days and two blank pages.
- The stay of the foreigner holding this visa will be the total of its validity, with multiple entries and exits.
- Copy of the page of the passport where the last Colombian visa or entry stamp to Colombia has been stamped, according to the case.
- All documents necessary for the granting of this kind of visa, in Colombia or abroad, must be legalized or apostilled as the case may be and translated by an official translator into Spanish, if they are in a different language.
- Within the following fifteen (15) calendar days, counted from the date the foreigner enters the country or from the date of issuance of the visa, if it was issued in the national territory; or within fifteen (15) days after entry into Colombia, if the f visa is issued, if the f visa is issued in the country.
It is the responsibility of the contracting company and the foreigner to verify and ensure that it complies with the laws and legal requirements to work in this country.
Any inaccuracy in the data contained in the visa application will be cause for inadmission, denial or cancellation of it.
This visa is connected to the contracting company or its work. You are responsible for notifying the authorities if your job changes or if you no longer work with the same company.
Minimum requirements for a company in Colombia to hire expatriate personnel:
- The company must be incorporated in Colombia.
- You must have an address in Colombia.
- You must have an average monthly turnover of 85,000,000 Million pesos per month in the last six months.
- Demonstrate that the activity carried out by the applicant is fundamental and of National interest.
- The employer or contractor is responsible for insuring social security payments during the expatriate’s stay in the country.
Mr. Entrepreneur: any legal company that binds, hires, employs or admits a foreigner through any modality, especially, labor relationship, cooperative or civil that generates a benefit, must require the presentation of the visa that allows you to develop the activity, occupation or trade declared in the visa application. likewise, you must request the foreigner to present the alien’s identity card when it is in the obligation to process in compliance with immigration requirements.
Initially a foreigner can remain in Colombia as a tourist for a period not exceeding 180 days, as long as the corresponding procedures for the work visa are carried out. If the 180 days as a tourist expire without the foreigner having obtained a job offer, the expatriate will be in irregular permanence and will have to leave the country.
When the applicant of this type of visa does not accredit the total fulfillment of the requirements demanded, its approval will remain to discretion of the Internal Work Group Visas and Immigration taking into account the credibility and the sufficiency of the documents presented by the applicant, the convenience or the national interest.
It is the discretionary competence of the National Government, based on the principle of State sovereignty, to authorize the entry, stay and exit of foreigners from the national territory. This means that the granting, denial and authorization of visas in Colombia will be the responsibility of public servants in the country that grant, admit, deny or authorize them.
If you have entered Colombia and your objective is to reside temporarily or definitively to work with some company; with the help of our specialists in immigration it is possible to obtain a visa of Work Type – M in the country successfully.
Request Our Services.
- We request your temporary permit or license according to your profession to practice in the country (before any professional advice, if required).
- We elaborate and structure all the necessary documents for the work visa application, guaranteeing that it will be granted in a fast way.
- We submit your Colombian visa application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any Colombian consulate abroad.
- We manage your labor relationship with Migración Colombia.
- We offer the accompaniment for your foreigner’s identity card.
- We follow up your migratory process.
- We legalize and apostille all documents required for your visa application in Colombia if required.